- Check your roof for debris build-up, remove any sticks, leaves or tree needles that may have gathered.
- Clean out the Gutters.
- Check for water under your house. With all the recent heavy rain you’ll want to see if there is any water that may have accumulated.
- Examine foundation walls for cracks, leaks or signs of moisture and repair as needed.
- Cut back trees and shrubs from sides of house.
- Replace the furnace filter. This should be done every 3 months.
- Clean the garbage disposal.
- Check for condensation or water around windows and underneath faucets.
- Clean window sills and screens. Repair any holes in the screens.
- Have your fireplace and chimney cleaned and serviced.
- Check the attic for evidence of leaks or condensation.
- Check fire detectors and replace batteries if you didn’t do this Jan. 1
- Clean stove top fan and hood. It gets used a lot in the winter months.
This is a great started list I am sure there are many more items that we clean, fix and repair before summer starts. If you maintain your home and do a fall and spring list your home will last longer and be in great condition when you get ready to sell someday.
Thank you for reading, I would love to hear what things are important to you when Spring comes.